Yardley Photographic Society is based in East Birmingham and has been in existence in various forms since 1903 when it was originally known as Small Heath and District Photographic Society.
We are a very friendly, flourishing club with an ever-growing, diverse and active membership who are enthusiastic about their photography.
New members, regardless of their level of knowledge, are always made welcome, and whether your interests lie in black and white, colour, digital or film you can be sure that you will be inspired and encouraged by our visiting speakers and existing members during the varied programme of events throughout the season.
Meetings are held every Thursday evening between 7:45-10:00PM at the St Edburgha’s Church Hall/Parish Office on School Lane, Yardley, Birmingham B33 8NY from September to May.
The Society is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through its membership of the Midland Counties Photographic Federation.
The committee for the 2022-2023 season is:
- President: Phil O’Grady
- Vice-President: Marc Grayland
- Treasurer: David Boyce
- Secretary: Anthony Burroughs
- Programme Secretary: Peter Jackson
- Competition Secretary: Margaret Connolly
- External Exhibition Secretary: Margaret Connolly
- Selection Committee: Margaret Connolly, Tom Mace and David Boyce
- A/V Co-Ordinator: Marc Grayland
- M.C.P.F. Delegate: Anthony Burroughs
- Social Secretary: Martin Coffey
- Publicity Officer: Stephen Cooper
- Auditor: Margaret Connolly
- Club Archivist: Anthony Burroughs
- General Committee: Margaret Connolly, Christopher Clarkson and Steve Cooper
- Web Site Admin: Marc Grayland, Stephen Cooper
- Hon Life Members: Maurice Strong, Mary Jenkins APAGB and Anthony Burroughs
- Notice board Monitor: Cherie Cream