Welcome to Yardley Photographic Society's website
|Winner of the "Judge for Yourselves" competition as chosen by YPS members.
Click image to view all entries.
Yardley Photographic Society is based in East Birmingham and has been in existence in various forms since 1903 when it was originally known as Small Heath and District Photographic Society.
We are a very friendly, flourishing club with an ever-growing, diverse and active membership who are enthusiastic about their photography.
New members, regardless of their level of knowledge, are always made welcome, and whether your interests lie in black and white, colour, digital or film you can be sure that you will be inspired and encouraged by our visiting speakers and existing members during the varied programe of events throughout the season.
Meetings are held every Tuesday evening between 7:45-10:00PM at the Trust School, next to Yardley Parish Church, Yardley, Birmingham from September to May.
The Society is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through its membership of the Midland Counties Photographic Federation.
The committee for the 2016-2017 season is:
- President: David Boyce
- Vice-President: Marc Grayland
- Treasurer: Maurice Strong
- Secretary: Anthony Burroughs
- Exhibition Secretary: Vacant
- Programme Secretary: Cherie Cream
- Competition Secretary: David Boyce
- Selection Committee:
Mary Jenkins APAGB, Max Slater ARPS, Jean Solomon, Christopher Clarkson
- A/V Co-Ordinator: Tony Millichamp
- M.C.P.F. Delegate: Anthony Burroughs
- Social Secretary: Martin Coffey
- Publicity Officer: Stephen Cooper
- Club Archivist: Anthony Burroughs
- General Committee:
Stephen Cooper, Mary Jenkins APAGB, Jean Solomon, Christopher Clarkson
- Wed Site Admin:
Marc Grayland, Stephen Cooper