Welcome to Yardley Photographic Society's website
|Winner of the "Judge for Yourselves" competition as chosen by YPS members.
Click image to view all entries.
Yardley Photographic Society is based in East Birmingham and has been in existence in various forms since 1903 when it was originally known as Small Heath and District Photographic Society.
We are a very friendly, flourishing club with an ever-growing, diverse and active membership who are enthusiastic about their photography.
New members, regardless of their level of knowledge, are always made welcome, and whether your interests lie in black and white, colour, digital or film you can be sure that you will be inspired and encouraged by our visiting speakers and existing members during the varied programe of events throughout the season.
Meetings are held every Tuesday evening between 7:45-10:00PM at the Trust School, next to St. Egburgha's Yardley Parish Church, Yardley, Birmingham from September to May.
The Society is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through its membership of the Midland Counties Photographic Federation.
The committee for the 2017-2018 season is:
- President: Marc Grayland
- Vice-President: Phil O'Grady
- Treasurer: Maurice Strong
- Secretary: Anthony Burroughs
- Programme Secretary: Cherie Cream
- Competition Secretary: David Boyce
- External Exhibition Secretary: Margaret Connolly
- Selection Committee: Margaret Connolly, Tom Mace and David Boyce
- A/V Co-Ordinator: Tony Millichamp
- M.C.P.F. Delegate: Anthony Burroughs
- Social Secretary: Martin Coffey
- Publicity Officer: All Members
- Auditor: Jean Solomon
- Club Archivist: Anthony Burroughs
- General Committee:
Margaret Connolly, Jean Solomon, Mary Jenkins APAGB, Christopher Clarkson and Steve Cooper
- Web Site Admin:
Marc Grayland, Stephen Cooper
- Hon Life Members: Maurice Strong and Mary Jenkins APAGB
- Notice board Monitor: Cherie Cream